The Woodlands Family Law Attorney
Divorce, child custody, and the financial issues that accompany them are some of the most emotionally contested matters in law. Even in cases where the divorce or separation is amicable, the laws governing marriage, child custody, and support are sufficiently complex that it just makes sense to have the guidance of a divorce lawyer when making your decisions. Operating out of The Woodlands, TX, family law attorney Anna Din understands the emotional turmoil that often comes with divorce or any significant change involving children, and she can provide you with professional, compassionate guidance.
Divorce Law in Texas
You may have heard that Texas is a “no-fault” state when it comes to the dissolution of marriage. What that means is that neither spouse has to prove fault to file for a divorce. But divorce in Texas is unique to other states. Here are a few things you should know about filing for divorce in The Woodlands, TX:
- Texas divorces take at least 61 days to finalize. It often takes longer, however, in more complicated divorces.
- There are no legal separations in the state of Texas. You can, of course, be separated on your own, but it’s not a legal change of status.
- One of the spouses has to be the petitioner in the divorce filing, but they don’t have to demonstrate fault.
- Texas considers property acquired during the marriage to be community property—meaning that it belongs to both parties—but the court can award an uneven split depending on the circumstances of the divorce.
- In most cases involving child custody, the courts will award a Joint Managing Conservatorship (JMC), meaning that there’s no primary custody. Sole Managing Conservatorships (sole custody) are much less common, but the do exist.
Family Law in The Woodlands, TX
Most divorces aren’t simple affairs, and a family law attorney handling divorce must have the knowledge and experience to handle a variety of legal issues. Among the services that The Woodlands family law attorney Anna Din offers are:
- Sole and Joint Conservatorships (child custody)
- Child support
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Asset and debt division
- Restraining orders
- Paternity suits
- Modifications to existing agreements
With extensive experience in Texas family law, attorney Din has developed a reputation as a fiercely protective advocate for her clients and their children.
Professional Family Law Attorney for The Woodlands and Montgomery County
Whether you’re facing a divorce or you just require the services of a lawyer who’s familiar with family law in the state of Texas, the Law Office of Anna Din is ready to help. Attorney Din can review your case and tailor a solution to your particular set of circumstances. Contact our office in The Woodlands to arrange a free initial 60-minute consultation.